Tuesday, December 27, 2011

in the middle of the road


i changed my blog name to the middle of the road. i seem to find myself sitting there on more and more religious, politcal and social issues and ideas. most people tend to swing to the right and become more conservative with age. i, on the other hand, find myself questioning the things i have always believed. most the views we have are passed down from our parents, our environments, our churches, etc... over the past few years i find myself not siding with the right or the left. i have allowed myself to question most everything i have been attached to. it allows me to confirm for myself the views i believe but gives me the freedom to change if i find errors in my traditions.

is our nation really a christian nation?
is saying "happy holidays" somehow rejecting Christ's birthday?
where is the church wrong and misguided?
was the war in iraq necessary?
african americans, among other groups and america's history
if i don't repost others statuses... do i hate Jesus and america?

i am surprised at how much i have changed over the past couple of years. you know what they say about being in the middle of the road....you'll get run over. however i feel comfortable with my journey of questioning, researching information and forming my own views. these are my views, not someone elses. my friend recently explained the difference between thinking and merely being informed.

this leaves me not being associated with the left or the right. stuck in the middle of the road.



1 comment:

  1. Love the premise. A good friend of mine, who I must disagree with on this point, insists that I must choose sides. What if I don't agree with either side. What if I notice a third, fourth, or fifth side?

    ReplyDelete